Sarah Minor Keaton Henson
Young love, young love
I hope you are well
At least we now both
Have a story to tell
Young love, I feel
You know me better than most
In spite of real distance, we’ll always be close
- spanish and italian: So THESE words are feminine and THESE words are masculine, and you ALWAYS put an adjective AFTER the noun.
- french: haha i dont fuckin know man just do whatever
- german: LET'S ADD A NEUTRAL NOUN HAHA
- english: *shooting up in the bathroom*
- gaelic: the pronounciation changes depending on the gender and what letter the word starts and ends with and hahah i dont even know good fucking luck
- polish: here have all of these consonants have fun
- japanese: subject article noun article verb. too bad there's three fucking alphabets lmao hope your first language isn't western
- welsh: sneeze, and chances are you've got it right. idfk
- chinese: here's a picture. draw it. it means something. it can be pronounced four different ways. these twenty other pictures are pronounced the same but have very different meanings. godspeed.
- arabic: so here's this one word. it actually translates to three words. also pronouns don't really exist. the gender is all in the verb. have fun!
- latin: here memorize 500 charts and then you still dont know what the fuck is happening
- sign language: If you move this sign by a tenth of an inch, you'll be signing "penis"
- russian: idk man its pronounced like its spelt but good fucking luck spelling it
- Greek: so basically we're going to add 15 syllables to every word you know and assign it one of 3 genders at random. Also good luck figuring out where to put the accents you piece of shit
- Hebrew: You want VOWELS? What are you, five?
And I think if I could speak with the person I was this time last year, I’d seem to him a stranger. I feel unrecognizable. Maybe it is because I have been so at odds with myself for so long and now I am closer to inner harmony. I reflect on this past year and think of all the terrible things I’ve said and done. All the brokenness and destruction I’ve caused. Most of this year has been characterized by overwhelming brokenness. The story of this year is marked with consistent failure. But there has also been a new light. I’ve entered into relationship with God, others, and myself in a way that is entirely foreign. What progress there has been in my life. The things that gripped me so tightly last year are now just a mild concern. Instead of constantly teetering within myself, I have some semblance of stability. Out of what has been a profound low has come a record high. Not a spike, but a slow incline, reaching towards a Cory that I can be at peace with.
So if I could speak to myself last year, I’d tell him “prepare for the worst year yet. Prepare to watch yourself be defeated. But I promise it will be alright. You’ll find light. You’ll be ok. You will find a good that you didn’t know was in you. And you’ll find God was with you after all.”
And if I could speak to everyone I have hurt in the past year, I’d tell them I’m sorry, but I can’t wish it would have happened differently. I can’t want a different year. But I can promise that I’m trying as hard as I can to grow up.
And I hope the people who love me and the people who don’t anymore will be proud of me someday.
I promise this year will be better.